“Because of the great potential of AI, it is important to research how to reap its benefits while avoiding potential pitfalls. Perhaps we should all stop for a moment and focus not only on making our AI better and more successful but also on the benefit of humanity.”
— Stephen Hawking – founder Centre for Theoretical Cosmology
“The challenge presented by the prospect of superintelligence, and how we might best respond is quite possibly the most important and most daunting challenge humanity has ever faced.”
— Nick Bostrom – founder Future of Humanity Institute
“I think we need something like a Manhattan Project on the subject of Artificial Intelligence.”
— Sam Harris – Cognitive Neuroscientist
The AI project focuses on the societal benefits and risks of AI implementation in the fields of Big-Data, Media, Internet, Automation, Self-driving Vehicles, Cyberwarfare, Autonomous Weaponry, Politics, Expert Systems, Robotics, Drones, Bioengineering, 3D-printing, Climate Engineering, Business etc.
The AI project brings people together to evaluate and address the unintended consequences of the coming AI revolution on society and economics. Expertise is needed from STEM, behavioral science, business, economics, political science, health, media, communications, the arts, educational, spiritual and charitable organizations.
The AI Project seeks to optimize the human condition by catalyzing efforts to help preserve and expand the independence, equality of opportunity, dignity, well being and freedom of all humans and living organisms. This is the overriding goal.
The Specific Goals are:
1. Increase public awareness and education about potential societal benefits and risks of AI in the various phases of development and implementation
2. Catalyze the formation of interdisciplinary cross-functional teams in society, education, research, business, social institutions, faith and public policy to investigate the effects of AI development
3. Identify likely socioeconomic implications of AI – how society might be changed by or potentially respond to AI in the various phases
4. Define and evaluate possible tactics and strategies – anticipating reaction times and linkages between society and technology to achieve the overriding goal
5. Structure, promote and sustain initiatives to optimize the effects of AI technology by influencing society and AI development to achieve the overriding goal